Blue Grass Head Start Program
Head Start is a child development program serving three and four year old children from low-income households in our 6 county area. All of the centers are licensed through the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Office of the Inspector General, Division of Regulated Child Care and nationally accredited. The centers also participate in the Kentucky STARS for KIDS NOW Childcare Quality Rating System.
1593 Harrodsburg Rd.
Lawrenceburg, Ky. 40342
955 Leestown Lane
Frankfort, KY. 40601
1330 Drake Lane
Wilmore, KY. 40390
580 Perryville Street
Harrodsburg, KY. 40330
200 Park Street
Versailles, KY. 40383
The Agency offers two Day Care Programs, one in Anderson and one in Franklin County. The Day Care Centers are housed in the same building with Head Start and offer parents the security of day care services before and after the structured Head Start classroom activities. Along with child development services, the day care centers provide three nutritious meals each day. For more information, call your local Head Start Center!
- Free Preschool program for 3 and 4 year old children.
- Must be 3 years of age by Aug 1
- Certified Staff - CDA, AA or BA in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education
- No tuition fees, No school supplies, no field trip or meal costs.
- Children Receive breakfast and lunch
- Full Day/Full Year Services Offered.
- children 3-5 years of age from families with low-income
- children from families receiving public assistance
- children in foster care, regardless of family income
- ten percent of enrollments are offered to children with disabilities
- children from families with slightly higher income may be able to participate in Head Start when space is available
- homeless children regardless of income