Blue Grass Ultra-Transit Service (BUS)
Public transportation services are available from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Saturday services are available from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Route times may differ, as actual times may vary according to traffic conditions, weather conditions, and other factors.
Coordination Meeting 3/15/2019
Bluegrass Community Action Partnership, Inc. dba Bluegrass Ultra-Transit Service (BUS) and City of Frankfort- Frankfort Transit will hold a coordination meeting to determine the extent to which our agencies can coordinate services with other providers and agencies, which is required by FTA guidelines. The meeting will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, March 15th 2019 at Bluegrass Community Action Partnership, 111 Professional Court, Frankfort, KY, 40601.
The meeting is fully accessible for the disabled. Bus and Frankfort Transit provide reasonable language assistance free of charge upon request. Contact Jennifer Hall 24 hours in advance at 502-352-2089 to make translation or interpretation requests related to the coordination meeting.
There is not significant environmental impact. Regulations regarding the disabled and elderly will be complied with.
We welcome your input at this meeting. If you are unable to attend, please email or mail any comments or suggestions on how the public or private transportation providers of the area may better coordinate their services. Email correspondence may be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Written correspondence may be sent to:
City of Frankfort,
Attn: Jennifer Hall,
315 W. Second St.
Frankfort, KY 40601
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, and national origin in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance. BUS and Frankfort Transit are committed to achieving full compliance with Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and all related non-discrimination laws, and makes every effort to ensure that no person is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise subject to discrimination in any BUS or Frankfort Transit program or activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age.
- If you schedule a trip and know that you cannot make it, please call a reservationist to cancel.
- If a client fails to call and cancel, they will be marked a no-show.
- Repeated no-shows will be turned in for evaluation and a decision will be made as to whether or not to continue to provide transportation services.
- Please call 1-800-456-6588 to cancel your transportation!
BUS Public Transportation
- GTranDifferent points around Georgetown (schedule)
- Dan TranDifferent points around Danville (schedule)
- Frankfort ConnectionFrom Frankfort to Lexington (call to schedule)
- NichTranDifferent points around Nicholasville (schedule)
- JessLexFrom Nicholasville to Lexington (schedule)
- Danville ConnectionFrom Danville to Lexington (call to schedule)
BUS operates in: Anderson, Boyle, Casey, Fayette, Franklin, Garrard, Jessamine, Lincoln, Mercer, Scott, Washington and Woodford Counties.
Full Explanation of Services:
- Rider's Rule of Conduct
- Fare Comparison
- Title VI Notice of Protections Against Discrimination English & Spanish
- Title VI Complaint Form
- Reasonable Accommodations/Modification Policy
- Reasonable Accommodations/Modification Request Form
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Policy Statement
- Kentucky Public Transit Association
Kentucky Relay Service/Disability Services
BUS makes an impact on the lives of persons in our area who are transportation dependent. To obtain any information in an alternative format (such as for sight impaired), call 1-800-456-6588.
Language Assistance is available at no cost.
The Kentucky relay service enables the hearing or speech impaired to call the BUS office to request service or information. To reach the Kentucky Relay Service, TDD users call 1-800-648-6056, voice users call 1-800-648-6057. Give the operator the BUS toll-free telephone number.
Did you know?
- The cost of a ride is $1.75 PER mile, with a $5.00 minimum.
- With a BUS Pass, you can cut costs by 1/3. Instead of paying the flat rate of $1.75 per mile, the BUS Pass drops the rate to $1.00 per mile with a $5.00 minimum.
- These are sold in $20 denominations. Stop by Frankfort Central Office, Danville BUS Stop or simply ask your driver to buy your BUS Pass!
- Veterans ride Routes for FREE with a Military I.D.
- All of our buses are lift equipped.
- Typically, there is NO charge for Eligible Medicaid Transportation!
Inclement Weather: BUS will operate on clear roads only. Service may be delayed.
Inclement Weather Policy
No Service: BUS will not provide transportation services.
BUS will make a decision regarding Inclement Weather Announcements by 6AM .